Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clean Energy in Google Trends

For a bit of fun today I have been playing with Google Trends - the tool that allows you to see the occurrence of search terms as it changes over time.

Here are the key results for our favourite energy trends of the last decade.

All in
Renewable Energy Gas (fossil fuels) Transport uses of energy Nuclear power Clean Coal Climate Change
Note: I work as a project and energy economist with companies and governments on geosequestration,wind, geothermal, hydro, wave, transmission networks, coal seam gas, coal,and more. The views expressed in this blog are solely my own and do not represent the views of any organisation that I do work for.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat. The overall trend in the top figure shows that the overall interest in energy overall seems to have decreased over the decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once wrote a paper on irrational exuberance in greentech stocks. One of the major difficulties was finding a variable/variables to capture society's view on climate, greentech etc.

    I think this would have been perfect!!

    ReplyDelete